Of what the service of Protection of Directories consists?
Private Acceso is a mechanism of protection to limit of the access the directories of its domain, where You associate a name of user and key against a directory of his website, being allowed him the access to that directory to all that one that has a user and key. This mechanism is used to restrict the access in case it has exclusive and/or confidential content. The authentication mechanism that is used is the Basic Authentication.
.htaccess is handled by means of a file that is a simple text file that the Web server Apache uses to have some rules on the directories and the archives.
Summarizing, this it contains certain directives that force the Web servant to act according to the users, as well as to define other rules for documents.
The characteristics more used by the developers of websites, are those that help the optimization of the URL, blockade of users.
As It works?
* the authentication system is designed to allow a navigator or programs, to contribute some credential cradles in the name of user and password, who allow him to authenticate themselves before a certain service. The system is very simple to implement, but it was nevertheless not thought to be used on public lines, because the credentials that are sent from the client to the servant, although are not sent directly in flat text, are only sent codified in bases-64.
* the client asks for a page to the servant, normally after acceding directly to a URL by means of a connection or writing it in the navigator. The page that has been asked for requires authentication and the client has still not provided any information, has only said that she wants to accede to that resource.
* the servant responds with an error 401 and begins the authentication process
* the client receives the head of error 401 and, normally, she shows to a dialogue the user asking to him his name of user and password.
* Once introduced the data of user and password, the client sends the information to the servant. For it he returns to repeat the initial request, but sending this time an extra head with the authentication information. This information will be generated doing codifying in base64 string “nombre_usuario: password”, thus for example, if the user is authenticating itself “uv1020”, with password “PASSWORD”, would be realised the codification base64 of “@@ [email protected] @@: PASSWORD”, that corresponds with the chain similar to hZGRuIHtZQ=WxjpvcGVNlc2F=.
* the servant receives the new request of page with the authentication information, if the provided information is valid, allows the access to the resource, and on the contrary, becomes to respond with an error code 401, so that the user returns to introduce his information. In case the authentication has been positive, in the following requests of page the head with the authentication will be sent automatically, to avoid that the dialogue that requests the name of user and the password appears continuously.
to return above
Before any doubt email can ask for support communicating to telephone 45714558 or via mail to [protected]